1. What are "dissolving microneedles" ?
Dissolving microneedles are tiny processes about 1/4 the thickness of the human hair, in which dissolving material such as hyaluronic acid, Oligopeptide, Niacinamide, etc. are formed into microstructures.
This structure can penetrate in-between skin membranes and pass through the layer, dissolving inside the moisture inside the inner skin area to work its magic.
2. Microneedles sound scary, does it hurt?
Not at all! Microneedles are not actually made from "steel needles", rather the active ingredients are solidified as microneedles making it easier to penetrate the skin. It provides a distinct sensation to the skin where the pimple is, as a signal that Acropass is doing it's job!
3. How thick and long are the microneedles?
The Acropass microstructures’ tip is about 30 micrometers thick and 350 micrometers long. The microstructure dimensions are produced to ensure it can penetrate into the epidermis and reach the moisture inside.
3. How long does it take for the microstructure to dissolve completely inside the skin?
We recommend attaching the patch for 2 hours, and its effect is maximized when you sleep overnight with it.
4. Is the microstructure technology safe enough?
The product is classified as general cosmetics and all certified clinical test institutes have demonstrated its safety. Raphas (original manufacturer) holds 13 patents in Korea and globally regarding the microstructure technology.
5. How is this different from conventional skin care delivery systems such as microneedle rollers, etc.?
The conventional microneedle rollers damage the skin and insert ampules into the holes it made. Dissolving microstructures have overcome this problem of painful rollers and skin damage.
1. After the cleanse, when should I use it for top effectiveness?
Dry the area completely if possible as the Acropass microstructure dissolves in water. It is okay to apply the patches after toner or essence; however, we recommend to attach them on the bare face after cleansing.
2. Why must I press on the patch multiple times after I attach it?
Acropass’ active compounds exist in the form of microstructures. You should therefore help the microstructures to easily penetrate the skin by pressing on the patch a few times. Sliding the patch sideways will bend the microstructures laterally, hindering its full efficacy.
3. Is there a reason why the patch must be attached before sleep? Does it become less effective during daytime?
You can use it regardless of the time of day. However, the microstructures are fully absorbed into the skin after a minimum of 2 hours, so we recommend night-time applications. Additionally, the patch component, hydrocolloid (medical band used in dermatology clinics after laser therapy), also protects your skin moisture, so a longer use of the patch is beneficial.
4. How long must I have the patch on? I want to know the optimal attach time
The actual time may differ depending on individual skin type, but anyone can benefit after 2 hours, when the active compounds are fully absorbed by the skin.
5. Is is safe to use other skin care product such as essences, creams, etc. after attaching the patch?
Yes, it is safe. Our patch should be used on skin areas that need focused care, and you can use normal skin care products on other parts of your skin freely after the patch.
6. What is the expiration time for the patch? How long is it viable for use after I open the pouch?
The patch is usable for 2 years, but we recommend using it on the day you open the sanitized pouch. The microstructure is composed of a moisturizing agent called hyaluronic acid, which can dissolve or structurally weaken in time by absorbing the moisture in the air once you open the pouch.
7. Won’t the patch fall off while I sleep?
There may be some rare cases where this may happen, but generally the patches hold on to your skin during sleep.